This is our fourth episode! Can you believe it!
This week, we discuss Tim Schaffer’s modern point and click adventure game Broken Age.
Nate is away this week, so Shane & Raygan have the show to themselves.
- Tim Schaffer’s early career at LucasArts working on touchstone games like Monkey Island and Day of the Tentacle, his founding of Double Fine Productions, and the record-setting Kickstarter campaign that funded Broken Age.
- The mechanics and humor of Broken Age, in comparison to the great adventure games of yore.
- How do you judge or review an “early access” game?
Our Spoiler Break™ for this episode is at about 35 minutes, after which we discuss details of the plot, ending, and theme.
You can join us after the spoilers at about 1 hour 7 minutes, for our other topics:
- Raygan is crazy about Hearthstone on the iPad
- Shane is liking Trine 2, the gorgeous puzzle platformer from FrozenByte, for Mac, PC, Xbox 360, PS3, and PS4!
Broken Age is available direct from the developer and through Steam for $24.99. It is currently in “early access” form, meaning that the first act (of two) is complete and available now, with the second act becoming available “this year.” Expect the first act to take 3-4 hours to complete
Join us next week for our most exciting episode ever, on FTL: Faster Than Light!