This week on The Short Game, we discuss our first fighting game! Or is this a fighting game? Wait, what is this exactly?
It’s Nidhogg, a game in which two sabre-wielding duelists with infinite respawns face off in a frenetic, bloody tug of war for the right to throw themselves into the gaping maw of the titular Norse snake god Níðhöggr. Chew on that for a minute.
It’s also an incredibly tight and well designed, yet simple and approachable vs. combat game for two players.
We also have a good chat about Game Center CX and Mega Man II, as well as Civilization Revolution 2 for iOS.
- Steam for Windows & Mac – $15
- Humble Store with Steam Key (10% goes to charity) – $15
- Coming soon to PS3 & PS4!
Links for this episode
- GameCenter CX – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Gaming CX – GCCX Videos
- Retronauts Volume III Episode 27: Game Center CX
- Mega Man 2 – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Sid Meier’s Civilization | Official Civ Site | 2K
- Nidhogg – Official Site
- Níðhöggr – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Evo 2014 Indie Showcase to host Nidhogg, TowerFall and more | Polygon
- South Bay Button Mashers: A Bay Area Video Games Club (Mountain View, CA) – Meetup
- Starwhal: Just the Tip | Home
- No Quarter | NYU | Game Center
- GameSetWatch Messhof Whips Out Raging Hadron For No Quarter