A note to our listeners: This episode will be followed by a one week break as we catch up and prepare for “season two” of The Short Game! We have a lot of great games to discuss in the coming months, and we want to hear from you! Let us know which current or upcoming games you would like to hear about on the show, or send us feedback on Twitter or at our website!
This week, The Short Game plays Tomb Raider.
Tomb Raider, a reboot of the classic action shooter series, was one of the most incredible games of 2013, but many people missed it when it was brand new and for one reason or another still haven’t made time for this great triple-A game. We discuss what makes this game stand out from other third person shooters, from the history of the Tomb Raider franchise, and from games as a whole.
Tomb Raider is available on essentially every platform you could want:
- Steam for Windows & Mac – $19.99
- PS4 (Definitive Edition)
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One (Definitive Edition)
Links for this episode
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
- Guardian of Light sequel Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris coming ‘soon’ | Polygon
- Uncharted series
- Tomb Raider All Death Scenes (SPOILERS!) – YouTube
- Tomb Raider – TressFX Graphics Comparison (PC)
- Microsoft Admits Xbox’s Rise of the Tomb Raider Exclusive Won’t Last Forever – GameSpot
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End E3 2014 Trailer (PS4)