Year Walk, by Swedish indie developer Simogo, is a haunting combination of adventure, puzzle and horror game mechanics, and explores the dark and fascinating territory of Swedish folklore. Players take the role of Daniel, a young Swede in the 1800s about to undertake a Year Walk, or Årsgång, an elaborate divination practice wherein you must contend with many strange supernatural creatures for a chance at a glimpse of the infinite.
This game is beautiful, and also super creepy. Expect it to take about two hours to complete.
In the pre-show, we Nate tells us about Destiny, and Shane delivers his extensive report on the best roguelike games for iOS.
Links for this episode
- Our Crypt of the Necrodancer episode
- Wayward Souls for iOS, Android, and coming soon to PC
- 100 Rogues for iOS
- 10000000 for iOS, Android, and Computers (Mac, PC, & Linux)
- Our Apple Design Award Winners 2014 eipside
- Simogo – Wikipedia
- Device 6, also by Simogo
- Beat Sneak Bandit, also by Simogo
- The Sailor’s Dream, Simogo’s next game
- Year Walk Soundtrack by Daniel Olsén – Bandcamp