Na Na, nanananana na na na Katamari Damacy!
This week we’re rolling it all up and talking about this cult hit from 2004. One of the best pick-up-and-play games of that generation, Katamari Damacy still stands out as a truly unique and wonderful game. We discuss a bit about the game’s history, gush about the great soundtrack, and swap Katamari memories.
Katamari Damacy is available for PS2 (disk) and PS3 (PSN download.) As an arcade-inspired game, it can be completed in just a few hours but leaves much room for replay value and score attacks.
- Katamari Damacy – Wikipedia
- Katamari Damacy for PS2 on Amazon – Around $15
- Katamari Damacy® – PSN download for PS3 – $9.99
Links for this episode
- MIT Mystery Hunt
- TIME magazine’s 2004 blurb about the game.
- Bandai Namco pulls games from iOS, including Katamari and Pac-Man
- Travelers-Snowball (Live-action Katamari) – YouTube
- Roll up any webpage! Katamari Hack bookmarklet
You can follow our show on Twitter at @_shortgame
See our list of upcoming games, and make suggestions..
Like the show? Support us by writing a review on iTunes!
Your hosts this week were: