Porpentine Charity Heartscape is one of the most fascinating figures in interactive fiction. This week we discuss her collected Twine works, released as a nicely packaged collection entitled Eczema Angel Orifice, released in June of 2015. Porpentine’s work is in turns hilarious, insightful, heartbreaking, sexy, unsettling, and beautiful. We discuss some of her more well known works and touch briefly on some of the deep cuts included in the collection.
Links for this episode:
- The Short Game | 31: Interactive Fiction
- NYTimes – Twine, the Video-Game Technology for All
- Interview with Porpentine, author of howling dogs | Emily Short’s Interactive Storytelling
- Eczema Angel Orifice (Porpentine) | Emily Short’s Interactive Storytelling
- IF Comp 2012: howling dogs (Porpentine) | Emily Short’s Interactive Storytelling
- Steam Greenlight :: Eczema Angel Orifice
- ECZEMA ANGEL ORIFICE
- CRY$TAL WARRIOR KE$HA
- Meet Me in the Moon Room: Stories: Ray Vukcevich
- Gamasutra – IGF winner Hofmeier pays it forward for Porpentine’s Howling Dogs
- Escape Velocity (video game) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Race The Sun on the App Store
- Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- SUPER TIME FORCE
You can follow our show on Twitter at @_shortgame
See our list of upcoming games, and make suggestions..
Like the show? Support us by writing a review on iTunes!
Your hosts this week were: