It’s Contra meets that-one-level-in-Braid with Super Time Force Ultra! S.T.F.U. was developed by Capy Games (of Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery EP fame.) It’s a fast paced shooter who’s unique time-out mechanic lets you approach the frenetic bullet-hell madness a bit more like a puzzle game.
Initially launched in 2014 on Xbox 360, Super Time Force Ultra (a newly expanded version) is also available through Steam (Windows only) and on PS4 and Playstation Vita, where it launched in September 2015 as a part of the Playstation Plus program.
Depending on skill and play-style, expect the game to take 4 to 6 hours to complete.
Links for this episode:
- SUPER TIME FORCE
- How long is Super Time Force Ultra? – HLTB
- Super Time Force Ultra on Steam
- Super Time Force Ultra on PS4 | PlayStation®Store US
- The Lost Vikings – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Download The Lost Vikings from Battle.net
- CAPY Games
- Critter Crunch
- SUPERBROTHERS: SWORD & SWORCERY EP
- Destiny: The Taken King | Official Site
- Infinity Blade – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Infinity Blade: Awakening – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Infinity Blade: Redemption – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Shooty Skies
- Legend of Grimrock
- Alpaca Evolution on the App Store
You can follow our show on Twitter at @_shortgame
See our list of upcoming games, and make suggestions..
Like the show? Support us by writing a review on iTunes!
Your hosts this week were: