IFComp, the interactive fiction competition, is the longest running and most important event in the interactive fiction scene. Each year dozens of interactive fiction authors submit new work of all kinds, from hardcore parser puzzle games to experimental Twine games, and this year a record 55 games were submitted! With a timely assist from Emily Short we selected a few of this year’s most intriguing entires and bring you some brief impressions. With so many games to try, this is likely just the beginning of our IFComp coverage!
IFComp 2015 Games Covered in This Episode
– 5 Minutes to Burn Something! by Alex Butterfield
– Arcane Intern (Unpaid) by Astrid Dalmady
– Brain Guzzlers from Beyond! by Steph Cherrywell
– Laid Off from the Synesthesia Factory by Katherine Morayati
– Map by Ade
– Midnight. Swordfight. by Chandler Groover
– Sub Rosa by Joey Jones & Melvin Rangasamy
Links for this episode:
- The Short Game | 45: Spring Thing 2015 – Interactive Fiction Festival
- The Short Game | 31: Interactive Fiction
- The Short Game | 59: Porpentine: Eczema Angel Orifice
- The Interactive Fiction Competition
- The Interactive Fiction Competition – Rules
- Slouching Towards Bedlam
- Lost Pig
- Leather Goddesses of Phobos – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- IFComp News – “Emily is Away” is withdrawn
- emily is away – official site
- inkle – 80 Days
- inkle – New adventures in 80 DAYS!
- New Release: Discernment (Emily Short’s subscriber story for Fallen London)
- Read Only Memories: A New Cyberpunk Adventure • MidBoss
You can follow our show on Twitter at @_shortgame
See our list of upcoming games, and make suggestions..
Like the show? Support us by writing a review on iTunes!
Your hosts this week were: