We’re all game devs this week as we discuss Kairosoft’s Game Dev Story. This early iPhone game was recently updated for newer devices, and the it’s as strange and inexplicably fun as it was in 2010.
Game Dev Story is available for iOS and Android for $4.99. It features no in-app purchase of any kind. Expect it to take around five hours to complete a career.
Links for this episode:
- Game Dev Story – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Game Dev Story on the App Store
- ‘Game Dev Story’ Review – Create Your Own Game Company (Review) | TouchArcade
- ‘Game Dev Story 2’ Coming To iOS, But Not ‘Soon’ | TouchArcade
- Ron Gilbert (of Monkey Island etc…) on Game Dev Story | WIRED
- Dungeon Raid on the App Store
- Gamasutra – Five Minutes Of… Sword & Poker
- Rolando (video game) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- RocketCat Games – Hook Champ
- Mikey Hooks on the App Store
- Theme Park (video game) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- SimIsle: Missions in the Rainforest – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You can follow our show on Twitter at @_shortgame
See our list of upcoming games, and make suggestions..
Like the show? Support us by writing a review on iTunes!
Your hosts this week were: