What Remains of Edith Finch is the second game from The Unfinished Swan developer Giant Sparrow and creative director Ian Dallas. It’s a sort of anthology game; a collection of family stories tied together by Edith Finch’s attempt to unravel a family curse as she explores her ancestral home. We had a great discussion about what this brings to the first person narrative game genre and why it’s been such a hot take machine. What Remains of Edith Finch is available for PS4 and Windows (Steam). Expect it to take two to three hours to complete.
Spoiler break at 52:18.
Links for this episode:
- Giant Sparrow (@giantsparrow) | Twitter
- Ian Dallas » A reasonable man
- 43: The Unfinished Swan – The Short Game
- The Remains of Isadore McMurtlemumsy
- Edward Gorey – Wikipedia
- Ian Bogost (@ibogost) | Twitter
- Video Games Are Better Without Stories – The Atlantic
- Giant Sparrow/Ian Dallas (What Remains of Edith Finch) – official AMA! : PS4
- The Sexy Brutale
You can follow our show on Twitter at @_shortgame
Like the show? Support us by writing a review on iTunes!
Your hosts this week were: