This week, we cover Early Access game Crypt of the NecroDancer. This bizarre (yet incredibly smooth) blend of the Rogue-like genre with the the rhythm game genre had us swinging our swords to the beat. This is one of our favorite episodes yet.
Returning from our well-received iOS games episode, Laura Nash is here to share her opinions with regular hosts Raygan & Shane, and generally make the show less bad.
As befits a rhythm game, this episode features more music than any previous episode! Enjoy!
Crypt of the NecroDancer is available exclusively through Steam Early Access. – $14.99
Links for this episode
- Player’s Handbook (Dungeons & Dragons): Amazon.com
- Basic Rules for D&D PDF
- Love Letter | BoardGameGeek
- Coup | BoardGameGeek
- Hanabi | BoardGameGeek
- D&D Lords of Waterdeep for iOS
- Sonic 3 & Knuckles
- The Art of Game Design: A book of lenses: Jesse Schell: 9780123694966: Amazon.com: Books
- Amazon.com: Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo, and the Battle that Defined a Generation: Blake J. Harris
- Beat Sneak Bandit | Simogo
- Music | Danny Baranowsky
- ‘Splosion Man – Wikipedia
- Sunless Sea · Failbetter Games
- Someone beat Dark Souls using a Rock Band guitar controller | Polygon
You can follow our show on Twitter at @_shortgame
Your hosts this week were: