This week we discuss Contrast, a flawed but interesting puzzle platformer for PC and consoles. Contrast has an appealing 1920s cabaret aesthetic and a really neat shadow-merging mechanic that had a lot of promise, but the game didn’t resonate with most critics. Is the game worth its three-to-four-hour playtime?
Links for this episode
- Contrast by Compulsion Games – official site
- The Night Circus – Amazon
- The Daddening of Video Games – Stephen Totilo at Kotaku
- We Happy Few – the next game from Compulsion Games
- Monaco – What’s Yours Is Mine
- Rocket League
- Attack of the Friday Monsters
You can follow our show on Twitter at @_shortgame
See our list of upcoming games, and make suggestions..
Like the show? Support us by writing a review on iTunes!
Your hosts this week were: