Continuing on with our coverage of IFComp (the Interactive Fiction Competition) we’re back with brief impressions of 11 more games from this year’s whopping 55 entries. Be sure to check out Episode 61 for more games and some background on IFComp.
IFComp 2015 Games Covered in This Episode
- Untold Riches by Jason Ermer
- Unbeknown by A. DeNiro
- The Baker of Shireton by Hanon Ondricek
- Taghairm by Chandler Groover
- SPY INTRIGUE by furkle
- Grandma Bethlinda’s Variety Box by Arthur DiBianca
- Ether by Mathbrush
- Duel by piato
- The King and the Crown by Wes Lesley
- Forever Meow by Moe Zilla
- A Figure Met in a Shaded Wood by Michael Thomet
Correction: We described Solarium, by Alan DeNiro, from the 2013 IFComp, as a parser game. It is in fact a Twine game like his 2015 entry.
Links for this episode
- The Short Game | 61: IFComp 2015
- The Interactive Fiction Competition
- The Interactive Fiction Competition 2015 Games List
- Seltani: Welcome
- Spring Thing 2015, and Aspel | Emily Short’s Interactive Storytelling
- The Short Game | 45: Spring Thing 2015 – Interactive Fiction Festival
- The Short Game | 22: Year Walk
- The Short Game | 59: Porpentine: Eczema Angel Orifice
- The Short Game | 31: Interactive Fiction
- The Short Game | 47: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (with guest host Gary Butterfield)
You can follow our show on Twitter at @_shortgame
See our list of upcoming games, and make suggestions..
Like the show? Support us by writing a review on iTunes!
Your hosts this week were: