Firewatch is a narrative first-person mystery game set in a the Wyoming wilderness. It blends the storytelling of “walking simulators” like Gone Home with the narrative dialogue of Telltale adventure gamesgames (and indeed it is written by Sean Vanaman, the writer of Telltale’s Walking Dead.)
It’s very, very good.
After the spoiler break we discuss the story. This game is full of twists and turns, so make sure you’ve played the game before listening past the break.
Links for this episode
- Campo Santo
- 01: Gone Home – The Short Game
- Panic – Shockingly Good Software.
- Panic – The True Story of Audion
- Audion (software) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Firewatch pick up animation evolution (with tweets) · Storify
- Push Play | Cheap Talk (The teens boom box song)
- Firewatch – How to Find a Turtle Pet | USgamer
- Olly Moss on Twitter: “The complete Richard Sturgeon. https://t.co/3fGJOcFQyS”
- Steam Community :: Guide :: Friends of the Shoshone Book Club & Lending Library
- Anyone found the secret ending? : Firewatch
You can follow our show on Twitter at @_shortgame
See our list of upcoming games, and make suggestions..
Like the show? Support us by writing a review on iTunes!
Your hosts this week were: