This week we’re shuffling together two different card-based mash-up games on iOS. Card Thief is a stealthy dungeon crawl in card form, and Missile Cards takes Atari Missile Command and reimagines it as a tense game of solitaire.
We start off with a general discussion of both games, then at [00:17:21] we dive into specifics about Card Thief and at [00:42:14] we transition to talking about Missile Cards. We wrap up with a quick discussion of SGDQ2017.
Links for this episode:
- Card Thief
- MISSILE CARDS (PC/iOS) | Nathan Meunier – Freelance Writer / Author / Indie Game Developer
- 99: Pocket Card Jockey – The Short Game
- 71: Mushroom 11 – The Short Game
SGDQ Speedruns Mentioned
- Donkey Kong 64 by Kiwikiller67 in 2:10:47 – SGDQ2017 – Part 30 – YouTube
- Banjo-Kazooie by Stivitybobo in 2:04:51 – SGDQ2017 – Part 45 – YouTube
- Guacamelee! Gold Edition by Grimelios in 1:15:22 – SGDQ2017 – Part 9 – YouTube
- Mirror’s Edge Catalyst by matchboxmatt in 1:03:49 – SGDQ2017 – Part 29 – YouTube
- NieR: Automata by Halfcoordinated in 1:43:05 – SGDQ2017 – Part 1 – YouTube
- Assault Android Cactus by MrBond and TucanSam in 50:19 – SGDQ2017 – Part 12 – YouTube
- Dishonored 2 by Blood_Thunder in 35:14 – SGDQ2017 – Part 49 – YouTube
You can follow our show on Twitter at @_shortgame
Like the show? Support us by writing a review on iTunes!
Your hosts this week were: