Journey by thatgamecompany and designer Jenova Chen is the game most often suggested to us by listeners, and for good reason. This 2 to 3 hour wordless game experience changed the critical landscape when it launched on the PS3 in 2012, and it continues to be a touchstone for gamers of all sorts. Some of our hosts are returning to this game and others are completely new to it.
Links for this episode:
- Monument Valley: an iOS and Android game by ustwo
- Brothers – a Tale of Two Sons – Out Now for PS4 and Xbox One
- Flow (video game) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Gone Home: A Story Exploration Video Game
- Journey Game Creator Jenova Chen “Theories Behind Journey” – Full Keynote Speech – YouTube
- The Incomparable | Journey: Then We Touched, Then We Sang (Episode 108)
- Sigur Rós – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Hatoful Boyfriend – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Aviary Attorney
- Duck Game on Steam
You can follow our show on Twitter at @_shortgame
See our list of upcoming games, and make suggestions..
Like the show? Support us by writing a review on iTunes!
Your hosts this week were: