Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery EP celebrated its 5th anniversary recently, and we’re looking back at its art and influence. If you missed this game when it first launched on the iPad now is a great time to play it as it has since launched on iPhone, Android, and Steam (PC, Mac, and Linux.) Put on your best headphones and settle in for a memorable groove experience.
Expect the game to take about 4 hours to complete. A moon-phase mechanic means some in game events can only be completed when the moon is in certain real-life phases, but this can be skipped without cheating by altering the moon phase at the “Moon Grotto.” It costs about $5 and was included in Humble Bundle V.
Links for this episode
- Sword & Sworcery – NEWS
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP on Steam
- Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP on the App Store
- Superbrothers Sword & Sworcery – Android Apps on Google Play
- Critter Crunch – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- SUPER TIME FORCE
- Omikron: The Nomad Soul – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Omikron: The Nomad Soul available free in memory of David Bowie (update) | Polygon
- Year Walk iOS | Simogo
- Five years of Sword & Sworcery: the history of a weird and beautiful game | The Verge
- Monument Valley: an iOS and Android game by ustwo
- Jim Guthrie | Bandcamp