Welcome to our first exciting episode!
In this episode, we discuss the unexpected indie hit of 2013 Gone Home, a “story exploration game” from new developer The Fullbright Company.
Pre-show topics from this week’s show include:
- The inspiration for the show! Games are too long. I’m tired. Get off my lawn!
…which Raygan compares to Osmos but it’s… you know… different
Titanfall. None of us have played it.
Raygan can’t wait till “some time in 2015” to play Firewatch.
Raygan is way too excited to talk about Gone Home. We discuss:
- The structure of the game and games it reminds us of
- The game’s personal and un-game-like story (Don’t worry, we’ll warn you before spoiling anything!)
- The history of the game and its development team
Links for this episode
- Full play through video | YouTube
- Gone Home on HowLongToBeat.com ~ 2 hours
- From BioShock Infinite to Gone Home: the story of The Fullbright Company | Edge Online
- Gamasutra – The story behind Gone Home, and what makes a ‘great game’
- Play the original Gone Home prototype made with Amnesia’s horror-game engine | GamesBeat