In our fine fifth episode, we launch into the depths of space with FTL: Faster Than Light.
We discuss the qualities that make the game so quick and yet so infinitely re-playable, with digressions into the definition of the roguelike genre.
We also determine scientifically that spoilers don’t spoil anything. It’s science!
Nate and Shane also share their secrets to success in FTL, and we all share some tales of embarrassing defeat.
FTL is available for:
- Mac, Windows, and Linux through Steam
- Mac, Windows, and Linux Direct from the developers
- iPad through the Apple App Store
All versions are $9.99.
Expect the game to take between 20 minutes and 2 hours per “run” depending on your luck and skill level, with extensive re-playability.
Here is the excellent strategy wiki page we discussed in this episode.
Other topics this week include:
- Hearthstone for iPad, Mac, and Windows
- Mercenary Kings for PS4 (Free with PS+!), Mac, and Windows (Steam)
- Severed announcement trailer from Drinkbox Studios
Some images from Severed