Edit: We fixed a small editing error at around the 2:00 mark.
This week on The Short Game, we bring you an awesome interview with Dr. David Heineman, author of the recent Kotaku article How To Beat 400 Games In 4.5 Years.
David is a real life scholar of video games. He is an Assistant Professor of Communication Studies t Blooksburg University of Pennsylvania and author of the forthcoming book “Thinking About Video Games: Interviews with the Experts.” (Indiana University Press) He also hosts the long running Racketboy Podcast, a great show about playing classic games, game collecting, and great interviews with video game creators and luminaries.
We’re a show about fitting games into your life, and David does that in spades. We ask him about his strategies for finishing all the great games in his backlog, and he offers some suggestions of short games you might enjoy.
Follow David on Twitter at @DrHeineman!
Links for this episode:
- Texas Instruments TI-99/4A – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Shovel Knight | Yacht Club Games
- Destiny | Official Site of Destiny the Game
- System Shock 2 – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Tempest (video game) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- VGG Glossary | Wiki | VideoGameGeek – “1CC (acronym) – 1 Credit Clear – Completing a game without using any “Continues”.”
- Devil May Cry 3: Dante’s Awakening – The Devil May Cry Wiki
- Devil May Cry® 3 Special Edition on Steam
- Thief: The Dark Project – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- RetroGaming with Racketboy
- RF Generation. The Classic and Modern Gaming Databases.
- Cheap Video Game Shopping, Sales and Deals – Cheap Ass Gamer
- Journey (2012 video game) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Call of Juarez: Gunslinger – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Gunstar Heroes – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Turrican – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- RoboCop Versus The Terminator – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Adventure (1979 video game) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Mutant Football League misses funding goal, but work on the title will continue | Polygon – “The Kickstarter campaign for Mutant Football League, a revival of EA’s _Mutant League Football _led by the series’ original designer, closed out yesterday having made less than 20 percent of its $750,000 crowdfunding goal, according to the campaign page.”
- Eye of the Beholder (video game) – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia